Volunteer with us
Are you looking for a meaningful way to give back to your community? Volunteering at Ronald McDonald House Charities ACT & SE NSW is a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families with seriously ill or injured children, and premature infants undergoing medical care.
As a volunteer in our Canberra-based children's charity, you will have the chance to work directly with families, providing practical and emotional support during a challenging time. You will also play a key role in ensuring smooth operations of the Ronald McDonald House Canberra, and have the opportunity to be part of a supportive team and make new friends.
Apply Now to Become a Volunteer with Us
Some of the responsibilities of our RMHC ACT & SE NSW volunteers can look like:
- Providing meals and snacks for families in the Ronald McDonald House Canberra
- Assisting with housekeeping and maintenance tasks at the Canberra House
- Providing administrative support to the charity staff
- Distributing practical and fun goodies to children in the hospital wards as part of our "Wrapped in Love" initiative
- Supporting families in our Ronald McDonald Family Room in the Hospital
- Providing maintainence and check-in/check-out assistance to families at the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat (for volunteers in Batemans Bay NSW)
- Assisting in event planning, management and execution pre, during and post fundraising events for the charity
- Driving the RMHC ACT & SE NSW vehicle to support families' access to the community and complete errands and tasks for the charity
- Running raffles, selling merchandise and helping out in other key fundraising initiatives at events and in the community
No matter what your interests or skills may be, there could be a volunteer role at our Ronald McDonald House Canberra, our Ronald McDonald Family Room (Canberra), our Ronald McDonald Family Retreat (Batemans Bay NSW), or at one or more of our RMHC ACT & SE NSW events that is right for you.
To get started, simply complete our online application form and a member of our team will be in touch!
Thinking about volunteering? It's a great way to give back to your community and make a positive impact.
Plus, volunteering can give you a sense of purpose and personal fulfillment, help you develop new skills and expand your professional network, and even improve your mental and physical health.
It's a super rewarding and fulfilling experience that benefits both you and the families with seriously ill/injured children & premature infants that our charity supports, both in Canberra and South East NSW.
Volunteers are the Heart of our House, and we couldn't do what we do without them. Thank you!
We hope you'll join our community. For more information, give us a ring on 02 6281 5894 or apply online using this form.